Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digcam123
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
SX510HS iso 80 max for night time??..
1 month ago

Hi, I think there have been comments on this already, but searching does not bring me to any general statements.

I was trying out the SX510HS that someone else in the family had bought and was working on star photos. I still use my trusty PS S80, which in the past gives me 15 secs of satellite trails using 400 iso, stars, planets etc

However no matter what mode AI used, program, shutter , manual, etc anything greater than 1 sec it went to 80 asa.

The manual each time just says 'with shutter speeds of 1.3 secs or slower, ISO speed is 80 and cannot be changed'  eh! what! no explanation

this is when we want to use higher ISO

I was looking forward to photographing Jupiter and the 4 Galilean moons since this camera goes up to 30x, which is the mag that Galileo used, and myself when young with my 30x telescope also saw the 4 moons; I thought this will be a dream able to photo them on diff nights, showing they go around; hence G's idea of the sun centred system. Sorry to blab on but this also shows how disappointed I was .

Why does Canon have this restriction?

Augustin Man made a comment on this

Thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow