Flat view
tombie
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Lenses for Fujifilm Xe2
3 weeks ago

Hi,

First post here so please be kind

After much internet browsing/researching for a new camera and some time spent in John Lewis examining them I am looking to purchase a Fujifilm Xe2 with a couple of lenses. We currently have a Canon G10 and I hoping this will be a massive upgrade in terms of image quality. The G10 actually is quite a nice form factor. I have not done a great deal of photography in the past but have always want to explore the medium more. I am looking for something that will encourage me to take more pictures, especially of my 1.5 year old son and to capture our family life in general but also to take interesting shots of culture around us when we are on holiday or out and about. I think the camera itself is a good fit. It seems to have the fun factor, it's nice to hold and image quality that is on a par with the best in it's class. However I'm struggling to work out what lens combination would be a good starting point. I think I have 2 main decisions to make and I'd like to make use of the current offers available. £200 off if you get an extra lens.

First: Do I go for the xf18-55 to cover several bases which means value, flexibility and a smaller lens, eg one of 18,27,35 for when I want good pocketability. The risk is that I will not end up using the 18-55 much due to weight/size. Alternate option is to just for 2 primes and add more later as I can afford them. Risk with this is that I spent more time worrying about which lens to take/use and not just get one with taking pictures.

Second: Given that I'd like one very portable lens which is the most useful for general out and about?

I'm leaning towards the 27mm for portability and the 18-55 for home use or when pocketability is less of a concern but slightly worried that I am thinking from the head rather than from the heart which I'm susceptible to doing and often regret. There seems to be a lot of love for the 35mm but I am concerned that it would be too big as a pocketable lens and far less flexible that the 18-55. I suppose I could add that at a later date though.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks, Tom

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow