Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TomikCZ
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
My Olympus camera E-500 doesn't focus after rain
2 months ago

Dear all, a few days ago I was catched with hard rain with my E-500. I try to cover my camera as much as possible, but after returning home the camera was totaly death.

I took out the back cover, the lens and let the camera 1,5 days in sun shine. Then the camera started to somehow work. The display was switched on but it was not possible to do anything. After another day the camera started to work but it was not possible to focus. Everything else was OK.

After a few hours on sun it started to work. Then 1,5 half day it was OK, we used the camera all day and worked well, the pictures were perfect, but in the evening, I think where the temperature went down, the focus failed again. Next day it was fine again for a few pictures then again the same problem. Everything works well, but the AF is not working and it is also not possible to use MF.

If I turn the camera on, the first is, that the camera open the flash.

I have all covers down now, but don't know what part of camera to check. I think that the the water leaked in via the flash part.

Many thanks for your replays.

Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow