Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Prakash Heda
Contributing MemberPosts: 505
Like?
where are wonderful images by A7s?
3 weeks ago

all the hype I am hearing is video from this camera 90% plus reviewers buying this for video. all the images I can see from this camera from Flickr/phase/dpreview galaxy is focused on high ISO.... okay I gave that it has good video and high ISO.... though my 80% shots are studio portraits, events, fashion shows, weddings.... where mostly light is controlled thus sharpness and bokeh is what shows distinctive advantage, thus high ISO does not required much there, mostly these are shot @200 ISO ....its frustrating to see noone is seriously using this camera for making awesome sharp portraits, showing sharpness with beautiful bokeh, awesome macro shots with amazing sharpness, pictures to see and I fall in love with.....

I am looking to now buy second camera to d800 and for that Sony a7s + Fe 58 1.8 lens is perfect, I don't need any other lens. my decision does not care about limited lenses, this one lens is what making my decision.... and in future 85mm when Sony introduce

while I mostly shoot with d800 sometime I want to have light FF camera to carry which compliment few D800 missing features. because of d800 I don't care A7s has slow focus for sports, or catching flying birds or not having 36mp sensor...

I was comparing with Nikon DF and Where A7s win and also matters to me is Eye AF, very lightweight combo with 58 1.8 lens, very high ISO and faster AF under darkness, silent shutter, WiFi direct photo upload to iphone for quick sharing...

but if this camera does not take better pictures than Nikon D700 when it comes to shooting people, portraits, glamour, fashion, events, weddings, birds @100 ISO than my 80% shots would be inferior to even D700, which is an unacceptable compromise....

so now important question is where are those WOW factor in photos which I am so used to see in Nikon world, I expect this 12 MP shooter to beat D700 easily, though none of the pictures I have seen gave me a wow factor?

any A7S pictures (other than high ISO) which shows the potentials of sharpness/bokeh this little beast?

-- hide signature --

Prakash
Www.starinnovative.com

Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Sony Alpha 7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow