maybe stupid question but I have to ask, mainly for canon users...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photosincali
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
maybe stupid question but I have to ask, mainly for canon users...
1 month ago

but I am sure most can help. I just got into digital photography on a serious level coming from shooting film a long time back. I have the 6D and a 135L as well as a 28-70 2.8 VC Tamron. I seem to be having issues with sharpness with my setup right now, have had the Tamron and 6D for 2 months and just got the 135L last month.

Anyway I use the Canon DPP software to view my images after shooting and before I go into Photoshop, and this is where my question lies. Basically I am curious why images look softer while it says "generating high quality preview?" Is that how it works with all software and images? I mean sometimes they look okay before the preview is over but mainly they are softer looking. I shoot raw and the preview is 100%... I can't tell if I am just over analyzing things but I definitely know things aren't as sharp as they should be so I am just frustrated.

Thanks for any help and your time, sorry for a bad question.

Bobby

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow