After faulty RX10, should I risk another Sony ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marb67
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
After faulty RX10, should I risk another Sony ?
1 month ago

I had a faulty RX10 which was refunded after the poor image quality (see my other post) I have read reviews of this camera and other Sony A7/7r elsewhere and some have said that the quality control is patchy with Sony as other models were also faulty. The RX10 having play in the lens that got worse (wobbly) was one of the complaints (I found this on my model also) as well as poor sensor quality. I have done a lot of research and ideally the A7r would meet my stills needs but below par on video. The RX10 (when on form) is amazing for video (I did get good results with my model sometimes) with such a versatile lens could be worth the purchase for video alone. I make stock video to sell so certainly as a video tool alone coupled with the now very low price for this, the firmware upgrade it is tempting to get another. However, the risk of ending up with another lemon puts me off. It's a a conundrum. As I never got decent stills quality out of my lemon I need to know if (when working normal) it can take images good enough for stock when edited in Raw with Lightroom. I found that my old Nikon D200 had much better RAW images than my model, better colours and dynamic range but of course it was faulty so hard to judge.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow