Is Canon losing its edge in the digital camera world??

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kamalalwani
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
Is Canon losing its edge in the digital camera world??
1 month ago

I have been with canon since my first SLR EOS Elan II and now the EOS 7D and quite a few P&S digital over the years but lately I have been reading a lot of reviews from other manufacturers like Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and Fuji who are so much better with Noise and Dynamic Range that its making me rethink my decision to keep the Canon system.

Am I the only one having these thoughts or there are more Canon users who wish to have better performing bodies, on a side note I absolutely love the range of Canon lenses and their quality and I am now torn apart with what I want to do.

Option 1: Keep the Canon I have and wait for a good body which is at par with all others

Option 2: Sell all my gear and go Nikon or Sony

I guess I will not have to wait too long, Photokina is around the corner and PMA is in January, please Canon users share what you are thinking?

p.s. I am not a pro to buy a 1DX and a range of 2.8 lenses so my discussion is purely based on prosumer cameras

-- hide signature --

'do what u do, u get what u do, if u do it right, u get it right, so do it right' - I am amazed u r actually reading this signature....

kamalalwani's gear list:kamalalwani's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow