Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robbo d
Senior MemberPosts: 1,062Gear list
Like?
DA12-24 does Downhill MTB
1 month ago

OK, so I've gone on record with a few gripes about the DA12-24. It has not been my favourite lens, even to the point of thinking of selling it.

This last week, I took it out during daylight and in bright conditions, another post shortly with it and this yesterday, a visit with my eldest son who wanted to go and look at some mountain biking here in Perth. The 12-24 isn't a sports lens as such, but with a bit of imagination.......

Apart from still having some hassle with not wanting to give me the confirm beep on auto focus, it dished up for me some wonderful results. The focal length being so good for landscape and architecture, but the contrast and colours are spectacular. I even found that they sharpened up more so than I have found in the past.

These shots are all just jpegs, with a hit of clarity and shadow enhancement only.

The front on shots are taken with the Kx and 55-300.

All photo's using AF-C ....... who says Pentax can't do sport ????

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow