ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Curtis Khan
Regular MemberPosts: 328Gear list
Like?
HX50v Macro monster
3 months ago

Hi All,

Maybe I haven't read this forum enough. I recently acquired an HX50v. I was back and forth between this and the HX300. The very knowledgeable salesman at B&H understood my needs and guided me to the HX50. I was testing it out and really amazed at how acceptably sharp images at ISO 800 1/50th second fully zoomed out looked... but was still uncertain, until I inadvertently took a picture of the monitor cable in the kiosk. I was less than an inch away and the cable filled the frame tack sharp. That right there was the end of my decision making process. Camera bought and I am very pleased. Here are a couple of images I shot around my home that I find shows the capability of this little beast. It's no a99 with my 135 1.8. But wow! so good for informal non-critical photography

Some camera shake here. All handheld. But still acceptable to me

Yes I know there is an offensive twig in the background. But the flower is sharp!

Curtis Khan's gear list:Curtis Khan's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +25 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow