First er, uh, lets say wedding shoot and I ....

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonn Quest
Regular MemberPosts: 347
Like?
First er, uh, lets say wedding shoot and I ....
3 months ago

... had almost no idea what I was doing, but, everybody is still happy.

Disclaimer: I am not nor claim to be a photographer, never mind a wedding photographer.

Step Sons wedding and there wasn't even a thought of a photographer. 3pm wedding outside in the Virginia Beach Sun! Even though I'm just about a snap-shooter, almost, even I recognized this was going to be tough. All shots with SEL50f1.8 and a6000. Took 105 photos and only 5 or so missed focus and that was entirely my fault. Sun was a beast to tame. That combined with shadows from trees was nearly impossible to control given everybody was just hurrying along.

Anyhow, 99 photos posted to Facebook by the Bride. Many many compliments in the pictures (not so much the photography but the subject(s)). Given the fact that when the day started it looked like the only photos that would be taken would be those taken with cell phones I guess they're happy.

I will say, I will nearly only ever shoot with my new SEL50F1.8 and SEL35f1.8 from now on. My goodness what a difference from the PZ16-50!

And, please don't ask. I won't post any photos. I don't want to be torn to shreds.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow