Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pcm81
Contributing MemberPosts: 622
Like?
Pigment ink and vacuum chamber
3 weeks ago

Since every self respecting nerd, like myself, has a vacuum chamber in their garage i though about using it on ink and wanted to see what yall think about it.

Basically before refilling 3880 carts i usually shake the bottles of ink very vigorously to stir up the settled pigment ink, but then i let the bottles sit for 24 hr to let the air bubble up from ink before i refill. Today, instead of waiting for a day to let the air bubble up i put the ink into my vacuum chamber and degassed it. The ink bubbled up as expected and when pressure was restored the bubbles collapsed, as expected. I am wondering if any of you can think of any problems this can cause, like gloss optimizers or waxes boiling up at near vacuum pressures and room temperature? Note that boiling up is different then bubbling up. Bubbling up happens when trapped air gets pulled to the surface due to low pressure. Boiling occurs with a phase change of part of the ink.

-- hide signature --

1. D800 is the first camera with resolution so high that it simply does not matter.
2. Most people who do not own/shoot d800 misunderstand it. Color depth and accuracy in addition to resolution is what makes d800 great. Resolution alone is over rated.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow