ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roy Kikuta
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
TC-14EIII + 500mmf/4 + D810 Quick Test
3 weeks ago

Equipment:  TC-14EIII, Nikkor 500mm f/4 VR/G, D810, Wimberley II

'Received the new TC-14EIII Friday - and spent Saturday Fine-Tuning on D810 & 500f/4 VR/G.

This is the first teleconverter I've ever really been happy with (and I'ved tried the TC-14EII, TC-17EII, TC-20EII and III), and will use all the time without worrying about IQ degradation.  Of course it's not just the new TC... I've been getting a higher percentage of sharp images with the D810.  I did AF-Fine Tune on all previous bodies (i.e., D800E, D600, D4, D700) - and I just get a noticeably higher percentage of sharp images with my 500 - but I should probably make this comment on the FX Forum.  My amazement with the new TC-14EIII is that for the first time, I see no degradation in IQ - I'll leave it to someone else to do a rigorous A-B comparison (i.e., with & without TC) - I'm happy just leaving it permanently attached to the 500 (yeah, the increase in reach to 700mm on FX doesn't hurt, either :-))

'Alae 'ula (Hawaiian Moorhen)   Click on image to see full size.

The Mejiro shots below have been cropped quite a bit, but thanks to the D810's 36Mp, feather details are still all there.

Mejiro (White Eyes)   Click to see full-size image and more detail.

Mejiro    Click to see full-size image and details.

Next test for the TC-14EIII is with the 80-400 AF-S/G.

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow