Anyone Using the Voigtlander 21mm f1.8 Ultron on the A7R?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff2013
Regular MemberPosts: 208Gear list
Like?
Anyone Using the Voigtlander 21mm f1.8 Ultron on the A7R?
4 months ago

I am looking at acquiring a Voigtlander 21mm f1.8 Ultron lens for my A7R’s.

I realize that wide-angle rangefinder lenses, with their short flange distances, on mirror-less cameras, can create the challenges of vignetting, magenta corner shifts and corner smearing. Also, such fast glass can be highly prone to longitudinal CA’s. Since I significantly process all my photos in Photoshop, most of this is not too much of a problem, for me. Also, I realize that the corners, on this lens, are not sharp at wide apertures, but I expect that the center is sharp and that the corners sharpen-up when stopped down.

I can find some testing of this lens on Leica film and digital bodies, but very little testing on the A7R. Is there anyone out there using this combination? If so, how are the results?

I have been waiting for the FE 16-35mm release, but have decided that F4 will be too slow for me for the type of shooting I do. I also like primes.  For really wide work on the A7R, I use my E-mount Samyang 14mm f2.8.

Jeff2013's gear list:Jeff2013's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha 7R Nikon D810
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow