Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,750Gear list
Like?
Another day at the Airshow - with better light
4 months ago

If only I'd had the 70-300CX already, what a glorious day of flying under pretty good conditions.

It was a beautiful day for sitting about, dry, warm & sunny but with high haze and a lot of glare when shooting toward the sun, exacerbated by having to crop from 60% up to 80% to get the detail.

As far as the competition between the EM-1 + 75-300 mk2 and the V2 with 30-110, it was a knockout against the EM-1 (to my great surprise) - it just couldn't handle the conditions and only really performed as I would have expected when shooting away from the sun (whereas the V2 just kept on grabbing focus and presenting me with good detail)

I'm finding exposure compensation and its ability to handle extremes of light a bit difficult in these first tests (there was something of the order of 5 stop variation as I panned from East to West along our South facing coastline mind you )Is this a common problem or just a Newbie learning how to shoot with a new system?

Battery life was excellent again, over three thousand individual images shot using 1 full battery + 1 bar on the second

Loads of images to work on but this one caught my eye as it shows three of my favourite aircraft in one shot

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow