Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cameron Habib
Contributing MemberPosts: 757Gear list
Like?
First attempt at night sky photograph w/ a question
4 months ago

Spent some time in the Mt. Washington area recently and attempted my first long exposure night sky photograph. Camera was a D810 with a 24-70 set to 24/2.8 at ISO3200 for 15" with LENR turned off. Played with the levels a bit in LR / PS to get the sky to pop a bit more. Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on camera settings, post-process techniques, or just general tips for the future (1st picture).

My question comes in the form of hot and stuck pixels. I ran the camera as I said with LENR off as I was in somewhat of a time crunch and couldn't afford to wait the extra time for the in camera processing. This is my first time doing so (almost always keep it on), and noticed quite a few hot and stuck pixels in the picture when I got home to edit. There are a number of them in the bottom quarter of the image, but they can be seen throughout (2nd picture). Camera has the black dot, and was wondering other people's experience with this, and if the number of them in my picture is anything for concern?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

camhabib.com

Cameron Habib's gear list:Cameron Habib's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow