Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slpianoproject
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Show me sharp pictures from the A7S!!!
4 months ago

Could anyone please show me some sharp photos at iso 100 of the A7S so I can see the best it can do compared to my a7R?

I'm really tempted by the A7S for video and astrophotography but can't really justify the expense for those features alone since I own an A7R and Im really delighted by the IQ I get from it. I don't print large photos much (if at all) so I'm kinda wondering if I really need those 36mp and the limitations that comes with it.

I have been looking around the net for quality pictures from the A7S and most of the websites with samples are not optimized for retina display so its really hard to judge the quality. Of the very few I have found it seemed to me the quality from the S is ALOT worse than from the R. Bad examples?

Tell me if i'm wrong but since my display is 5mp the difference between 12mp and 36mp shouldn't be noticeable unless you zoom in or print large right? But from the few I saw the difference in detail and sharpness is REALLY noticeable and I'm afraid I'll regret the switch.

I could actually just buy the A7S but I have a hard time justifying 5000$ in camera bodies since I only do it as a hobby with a very occasional paid shoot here and there. Before I sell the R and switch for a S I wanna make sure I like the images from it. This is where you guys can help me!

Thx!

slpianoproject's gear list:slpianoproject's gear list
Sony Alpha 7S Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha 7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow