Started 11 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gbdz
Regular MemberPosts: 257Gear list
Like?
My last DSLR
11 months ago

My friend told me to use his 5DIII in the stead of my 5DII for event photos.
It was clear that I had to update, the autofocus was better, there was video, the battery life was better, the menus had been revised and when I got home I noticed that the amount of keepers was abnormally high. Even the 3200 ISO shots were usable.
As the CRF card connector of my 5DII broke and I had to send it to repair, I decided to get the 5DIII and sell the 5DII when people were still paying money for it.
Not a single regret. The picture quality is 'good enough'. The focusing system is very versatile and I am sure lots of lenses have been sent to calibration simply because the user did not know how it really works.

I have had the EOS5 and the digital bodies 350D, 20D (stolen) 30D (salt water accident) 40D (went to my son) 5DII and now the 5D III. Each upgrade felt well justifiable. Now I cannot imagine what Canon will come up to justify my next upgrade. AS my eyesight is worsening, they do not have much time...

gbdz's gear list:gbdz's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a6000 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +7 more
gbdz's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow