Using Time on D7100? Is my camera broken?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave
Regular MemberPosts: 232
Like?
Using Time on D7100? Is my camera broken?
4 months ago

Ok, I've had the camera for quite some time and I can't get the Time function to work correctly, I'm using a knockoff Digipower ML-3 remote, what is supposed to happen is I set the camera to work off the remote, set it to Manual on Mode dial and Time on the exposure and when I press the remote the shutter should open for 30 min. or until I press the remote again, this does not happen, instead I press the remote and I hear the camera go through a complete open close cycle but no picture displays so I have no idea if it really did something so I press the release again and the shutter will open and start taking a timed pic "I think" until I press the release again. What I end up with is 1 short exposure first, one timed exposure and another short exposure, so I basically have to take 3 pictures and keep the middle one. Bad thing is the camera gives no clue that it's actually taking a pic by flashing the green LED so I really don't know if it's working until I try releasing it again. I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Nikon D7100
Nikon D40
Canon T3 "Modded for Astrophotography"
106mm Astro-Tech APO refactor
Atlas EQ-G mount
http://www.pbase.com/davedent

Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50) Nikon D40 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow