Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephenbw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,454Gear list
Like?
*** WINNERS ~ Mini Challenge #437 ~ Mr Blue Sky***
4 months ago

Once again, a big thank you to all those who took part in the challenge. With almost 70 images posted and 40 in competition it wasn't easy to pick a winners but these are my choices.

Honourable Mentions in no particular order.

First a couple of snowy mountains. It's the cloud hovering over the peak that appeals to me in this one...

averagejoe ~ Mount Shasta

...and the ship with its reflection in this.

btrons ~ Spitsbergen

The fact that this is not a rainbow, but an ethereal glow, is what makes it special.

ThorkildC ~ Aalborg; Almost a Rainbow

A supersonic shot that I always want to rotate so that they are rocketing upwards into the stratosphere.

Jim B ~ Thunderbirds

The Winners

In Third Place

zenfr2009 ~ NYC

I love this composition. The lonely cloud appears to be fuelling the skywriting, which disappears into the bottom corner leaving me wondering what the message is. Existence or...? The obvious choice 'Death' jars deliciously with the sunny weather and the clear blue sky.

zenfr2009 ~ NYC

Second Place

Ken G ~ The Blue Hour

A stunning shot and all the more arresting as it is not something I envisioned when I set the challenge. I was thinking only of daytime blue skies so this superb cityscape was a welcome, and very pleasant surprise.

Ken G ~ The Blue Hour

In First Place

Chrisby ~ Drive Thru

I was grabbed by this as soon as I saw it. It fit the Challenge perfectly and I love the almost abstract quality of the vibrant red and yellow against the blue of the sky. It was so striking that I didn't immediately notice the figure at the bottom left, but when I did it took the picture to another level. The half hidden face, the insignia on the hat, and the starburst in the sunglasses; perfect.

Chrisby ~ Drive Thru

Well done to Chrisby, you now get to choose the theme and host the next Mini Challenge.
--
Stephen

Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow