Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wordsmith9091
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
My first wedding photos! a6000 and Minolta 50/1.7
4 months ago

Not my OWN first wedding ... the first one I've shot (as a primary shooter). The couple didn't originally plan to hire a wedding photographer ... they snatched me up last-minute as an enthusiastic amateur. I set the expectations (and my rate) fairly low — basically telling them, if they want what you get from a  $5,000 contract, find someone who'll charge you $5,000 ... but if generally nice pics are icing on the wedding cake, I can keep you covered and maybe sneak in some nice artistic surprises.

These are some of the first few I've edited. I still want to photoshop out the curtain rod, at least on a couple where it's distracting me. These are with an a6000, a Minolta 50/1.4 (except the last -- Tamron 90mm) and a softbox with two 5600HS(d)s to camera left.

Edited first in LR, then in Silfer Efex.

With the Tammy 90mm. The couple had a B&W in mind for this ... and I'll give them one of those too ... but I personally like it better with just slightly muted colors. These are the bride's (deceased) parents, in a locket on her bouquet.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow