ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
watchitt
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
K5 11s a viable option?
4 months ago

Good morning from Canada,

I am, as my profile indicates retired and will be spending a lot of my time painting......any subject material.

My requirements are to have a faster AF, wider ISO, reliability and weather protection vs the ISD which I have now (and still love)

I have been saving up for a K-3 camera to maybe buy in early 2015. So now I pose the questions;

Seeing the K-5 11s is very affordable now vs the K3 (still out of reach) would it be the most practical for my purposes, ie fast AF, better under low light conditions? I will still use the 28-300 Tamron

If I understand it, mirror flap is only on the K3 (random ones) while I see a lot of good reviews on the K5 11s. Is this still an issue or has Pentax fixed it with the firmware?

My reference prints will only be 8.5 x 11 size, so resolution will not be a problem. Are there any real other advantages that I would gain by waiting for a K3?

I bought my ISD in Canada,but I'm a bit concerned re warranties etc from getting it from the US. For the Canadian pros here, was this ever an issue?

In summary, I would like to take any subject material, birds in motion, waves, people in motion, still life settings in low light, interiors of buildings (dark church organs for example),landscapes etc.

I would appreciate your comments and recommendations that would help me to nail down my choice. I have always found this site to be the most informative.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Watchitt

ANSWER:
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow