Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JP Scherrer
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,034Gear list
Bypassing Lightroom catalogue ?
Aug 31, 2014

Hi !

As Nikon's Capture NX2 will no more be updated, I guess that, whenever/if ever I buy a new Nikon, I will HAVE to switch to another RAW converter, and it seems that LR is the best (or one of...) !

The problem -to me- is that I never take a lot of images in a row, so I don't need LR cataloging system ! Moreover, I use Nikon Transfer and set it to automatically create a MM-DD-YY sub-directory within my D:// PHOTOS, then upload the new pics in this sub-directory, delete the files in my cards and finally opens the new sub-directory in ViewNX2 ! I use this process since the beginning of ViewNX and like it ! I DO NOT WANT to change that way of "sorting" my pics !

So the question is: is there a way to TEACH Lightroom to work the way I want when importing my files ?

NB. For the rest of the post-process, I guess I can mansge without too many problems....

Simple question, but I'm afraid the answer will not be so simple !?!

Thanks for any help.....

Photo Galleries at
Spherical Panoramas at

JP Scherrer's gear list:JP Scherrer's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow