Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cango
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
No zoom for you ...Next ! The RX10
2 weeks ago

I've always liked the super zoom cameras. I had the UZ2100, 3SiS , FZ150 , and FZ200 to name a few. I recently acquired the Sony HX400V and it of course has amazing zoom and while I was shooting bugs , squirrels and birds at 50 to 100 yards away I was thinking how cool is this? So I get home and upload my pics to the computer and started looking at these super zoom shots. The wow factor was gone, not that the HX400 isn't capable of great photos in the right conditions. So I asked some family members to look at some shots taken at 30x to 50x and they were only impressed when I showed them the same photo with zero or little zoom.

Where am I going with this is I have seen some amazing pictures and videos that some of you have shared using the Sony RX10. I took the FZ1000 of my list due to quality build issues . So I'm sending the HX400V back and getting RX10 .I have nowhere the experience or expertise that some of you have, and until then I feel that the RX10 would give me a better chance of capturing some nice photos without requiring the "right conditions".

Cango's gear list:Cango's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A57
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow