2 months ago

My current gear:

• Fuji XE1
  • XF 14mm
  • XF 35mm
  • 3x NP-W126 batteries
  • BC-W126 battery charger
  • Tripod

I'm leaving for Nepal to trek to Everest Base Camp within a few weeks. This will be my longest trek, 14 days, with no easy/cheap power sources. So I am being told to go solar. Solar is easy for my iPhone and GoPro, but for the Fuji batteries it is proving a pain in the ass.

The shops in HK do not have much for solar chargers, at least none that I can find. Which sucks because I want to view in person to see the plugs and ask questions. Instead I need to order from online and ship here...so i need to be sure i pick the right one.

Questions:

1. I am planning on getting the PowerMonkey Extreme 12V, however I can not figure out how to connect the Fuji battery charger to this. I understand the Extreme has a DC connector, and the Fuji charger has a C7 connector. Is there a C6 to DC plug? Or is there a better way for this?
  2. Has anyone any experience with solar chargers? Is there a better suggested model that is not too heavy? I know Goal Zero Nomad 13 + Sherpa 50 is highly recommended, but it is much heavier and larger unit for 12V compared to the PM Extreme.
  3. Considering I want to keep gear minimal to lighten my load, I am thinking I should be fine with the 14mm (during the treks) and 35mm (in the villages). Anyone disagree and strongly recommend I include or trade off for something else?

Appreciate the responses ASAP, as I am nearing my departure and need to buy and setup/test out the gear. Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow