Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Optimus Prime Lens
Regular MemberPosts: 230Gear list
Like?
DSC-F717 Sensor problem
3 weeks ago

Hi. Hoping someone can help. I bought the above many years ago.  In 2009 I took it out to use and found the image displayed was streaky and made up of weird colours. I took it to my local store and was told the sensor was at fault and not worth repairing cost wise. Now at the time I wasn't really an internet user and, though upset, purchased a new camera, but not a Sony  Now because I'm a hoarder I hung the camera up and left it. I couldn't just throw it and all the bits away.

A few few weeks ago I got it back out, kind of hoping the problem had fixed itself, but alas no.  I then looked on the web to see if there was now a cheap fix as I thought I could give it to my daughter if there was. What I found was talk of a sensor problem with the camera that Sony were aware of and replacing. Now I was even more upset by the staffs response as at the time they should have know about it and could of had it fixed.

i thought I'd contact Sony and ask, as nothing ventured nothing gained. What surprised me was rather than saying 'offer to fix expired' they denied there ever was an issue which REALLY annoyed me. I pointed them over here, where lots of people talked about 'how well' Sony were dealing with this issue. Their eventual response, as it takes ages to get a response from them, was along the lines of 'a bunch of saddos talking about stuff doesn't make it real'.

The links to the Sony site about the issue no longer hook up. Please can anyone with proof this was a known issue, and that Sony were sorting it out, please show me it. Even if they continue to refuse a fix, that should have been done back then, I'd really like them to at least eat humble pie over their denial of the problem.

Help me DPR, your my only hope.....

best wishes, OPL

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow