Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChefAlex
Contributing MemberPosts: 623Gear list
Like?
Question regarding lens and focus
3 weeks ago

I just bought a new Tokina 11-16 to pair with my a77. Normally I never turn the little knob on the bottom to designate the focus the camera should use and always leave it in A mode and just switch the lens to MF when I need it. Today, I did the same thing with the tokina and even if the lens was switched to MF, it would still AF...  I noticed that the focusing ring was very stiff in MF but smooth in AF mode. So after tinkering around I switched to MF on the camera and the lens worked fine in MF mode.

So question is, why don't my other lenses force me to switch the camera to MF but the Tokina does?  And the other question is, if I want to shoot in AF with the Tokina, would it still be able to if the camera is set to MF? (I know, I should have checked earlier but didn't think about it until the drive home)

ChefAlex's gear list:ChefAlex's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow