Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Waltersmatthews
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 in on Wed-Move to primary Cam for wedding today
3 months ago

I've looked at stills in jpg and RAW and everything it shoots is within tolerance for color, exposure and sharpness and none of my customers would ever be able to tell the difference between the FZ1000 and the D800E in the files I give them. Indeed the D800e is better if you peep closely but in an 11x14 they are equivalent. Moreover, more focal length range, maybe 1/3 the weight and at selected times I can make great video.

"The times they are a changing" and my guess is that in 2 years videographers will have to start doing stills and albums and still photographers will have to learn how to shoot video.

I have all my SLR's handy in case something goes wrong but I suspect it will work out very nicely. Less wear and tear on an older photographer and great video as well. Moreover I can fill in here and there when my assistant has the FZ1000 with video from one of my DSLR's, all of which shoot video.

If anyone is interested I'll report on how it goes.

Waltersmatthews's gear list:Waltersmatthews's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Pentax 645D Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Nikon D5300 +4 more
Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow