Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
trigger1937
Regular MemberPosts: 244Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 throught a window
4 months ago

I've only had my FZ1000 for a week and have only shot a limited number of pictures.  I have been impressed with the speed and accuracy of the focus.  Even though I've had the FZ35 and the FZ100 for several years there is a ton of stuff to learn about this camera.

I got lucky yesterday as a new fawn & Doe came into our back yard so I grabbed the camera and started shooting.  There was not sufficient time to check the settings and every shot I took was through Double plane windows (and none were really clean) including bird droppings et. al.   Since we live on a golf course that has over 50 dear roaming around (protected) they get to go everywhere since no one hear is allowed fences.  They eat everything.

I normally have my camera set to -1/3 ev but it was at 0 on this day so I have corrected the uploaded images as they are over exposed.   Most of the pictures were taken at full zoom and as you can see I was about 30 to 35' away from the target.  According to my DOF charts I would have 6" DOF, 3" in front and 3" rear.    If you look at 100% you will see that the fawns back is more than 6" wide and I still got pretty good quality,..even through a dirty window.

I really wanted to step the lens up to f8 but I was not fast enough.  I have a lot to learn about this new camera.

Here is the Mother providing lunch.

Here is the same image compress and not corrected.

I welcome any and all comments.

trigger1937's gear list:trigger1937's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 450D
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (Lumix DMC-FZ38)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow