Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kawika Nui
Regular MemberPosts: 319
Like?
Why can't I do this with my GH3?
2 months ago

First, thanks to all the members who have given great answers to my other questions.

I have done a lot of stills and video with my GH3 since I got it last year (I notice that the price has dropped by a couple of hundred dollars ;-( ) and recently wanted to get into night photography, using moonlight.

A few years ago I was fooling around shooting at night with a Canon Powershot Sx100 (8mp P&S) and took this hand-held shot (it was cropped and resized in PSE, but all the detail and color and lighting were already there--looks like a "day for night" shot" when in fact it was hours before dawn):

No matter what I try, I can't do as well with the GH3. I've tried Manual (my preferred) mode, A, iA, P, even some "night scene" modes (my first-ever use of the various special scene modes). Nothing comes close to the results from an 8mp P&S set to "P."

What could be the problem?

ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow