Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
freitz
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
M240 Purchase Thoughts
2 months ago

While at with my wife we stumbled on a Leica Store (actually I knew it was there ha!) but I spent a few hours in the store with one of the salesmen.

I currently shoot a 6D with 24-70 MK II and 70-200 MK II. Not the lightest setup there is and a bit heavy when using all day.

I mainly shoot
-Travel
-Landscapes
-Astro (hardly ever really but would like to)
-Family snap shots

My goals
-bring my camera anywhere
-lighten the load so easier to carry
-not be embarrassed to pull out in tight crowds (this happens with travel, hard to pull out that camera with a 70-200 on it and not get stares)
-Enjoy photography (sometimes my 6D feels more like work then play) I enjoy photography but lately have been leaving my camera at home because its a lot to carry around.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has made the move from FF with lenses to the Leica M system and looking for your input. I figured this would be the pace to ask.

-- hide signature --

[B][U]Camera:[/U] [/B][COLOR="Red"]6D[/COLOR] //24-70[COLOR="red"]L [/COLOR]MKII //70-200[COLOR="red"]L [/COLOR]IS MKII
[B][U]PC:[/U] [/B]I7 3930k // EVGA GTX TITAN SC // 16GB RAM 1866 // ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME // All Watercooled // CASELABS SM8
[B][U]NAS/Server:[/U][/B] Synology DS213air // 2x 2TB WD Red NAS drives

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow