Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
archeogeolab
Contributing MemberPosts: 511
Like?
viewing full-screen images in different aspect ratios 4:3 3:2 16:10 and 16:9
3 weeks ago

Does software exists which automatically resizes your images on full screen, when choosing for different aspect ratios?

On my desktop I use two monitors with different aspect ratios (16:10 and 16:9).

I need a program using a resizing option for different ratios and thus showing the same images full screen on both monitors (without black borders or cutted images).

Also convenient for viewing laptops and TV-screens with different aspect ratios.

At the moment I shoot RAWs on my Olympus EM1 in the 16:9 ratio setting, giving you the easy possibility in Lightroom to reset this preference 16:9 ratio into the original 4:3 format (or other formats), without any loss of pixels (because Olympus RAW images are always stored in the 4:3 ratio, regardless the preference 16:9 setting in the menu).

But for viewing images full screen on other monitor ratios, I have to export images from Lightroom in different aspect ratios, because otherwise black borders are visible or image-cropping is applied.

Any solutions?

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow