FZ1000 back to repair - advice please on failure.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
heliart
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
FZ1000 back to repair - advice please on failure.
2 months ago

Hi there,

I posted a thread a few weeks ago just after I got my FZ1000.

In the first week I had a few cases where it would not power on properly, it would make some odd noise internally. A couple of times I got a warning to turn off and on again.

Well, then 2 or 3 weeks with no issues, but just yesterday it started playing up again.

I've talked to the retailer and they are going to handle getting in back to Panasonic for repair, but with intermittent faults like this you know how painful it can be,

Just this morning I've captured some video of what it does when it plays up, and would love to hear whether anyone else had observed this on their camera, or whether this is just a bad one I have.

Link to video is here - you need the audio turned up to hear the it, but I get a noise during power up like the IS is working overtime but it does it with IS ON as well as OFF.Plus, when it does it during power on, I then find the lower range of the focus sound like it's grinding.

http://vid1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc431/heliart/FZ1000Fault_zps2ee2d272.mp4

Comments very welcome before I get this off to the retailer on Monday.

Cheers,

Steve

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow