Point and Shoot - Sony RX100 III or Leica Typ112? Advice needed.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CommandDelete
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Point and Shoot - Sony RX100 III or Leica Typ112? Advice needed.
4 months ago

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am hoping that some of you more experienced users can help me out. I am looking for a new point and shoot camera. We have a DSLR which is my wife's, so please don't recommend that.  Rather, I(for myself) am looking for something thats small yet powerful. It is an every day shooter, snapping pictures of things when I travel, to sporting events, to close up around the home pictures. With all of that being said, I have narrowed it down to two different models that I really like.

The first being the new Sony RX100 III. It looks like a very solid camera that takes high resolution pictures, but the problem with it is that it doesn't have a very far optical zoom. I would like to be able to take a shot of something with clarity that I may not be able to get up close to. My other option is the Leica Typ112 or Leica C as its also called. This camera has a lower MP count, but an 8x optical zoom as well as many manual functions that I myself would prefer. I have seen many samples of the macro/focus capabilities on this model and they look great(for me). I am unsure how the Sony would fair in the same situation.

Any one with thoughts on either of these could chime in, that would be great. I would like to keep this camera for at least 2 years, but am not sure how technology in the camera industry moves - if its the same as computers/smartphones, I can accept that its already outdated and be happy with it.

Thanks for all the help/advice in advance!

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow