ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gilray
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
"Crap" on the photos from my 1DX
3 months ago

Greetings to you All...

Seems I am not alone with this problem. Mine is one of "CRAP" that continues to grow on my photos.

Sadly for me my purchase from Adelaide, South Australia for my camera the Canon "Flagship" 1DX is known as a Grey Import as I like many, tried to save a few $$$ buying from overseas on this incredibly expensive un-merchantable piece of equipment..!

Canon Australia who have been stalwarts assisted me with 2 X Mirror Box Assembly Units (replaced) 1 X Shutter Box Unit (replaced) and QA that the extensive cleaning 3 times now returned back to Canon Australia since Feb 2014.

Unfortunately for me I purchased my 1DX from DWI last August 2013 just after a web announcement in July 2013 for cameras with certain serial numbers to be returned for inspection with regard to a faulty Mirror Box Assembly Unit, mine fell into this category...

3 times returned to Canon Australia at Canon Australia's expense, 4 times now the "Crap" is growing at a very rapid pace.

Attached is a photo from last evening and yes I do understand that this photo was shot at a very high aperture which does tend to enhance the spots but really at the end of the day, value for $$$$ they should not be there.

This is my 9th Canon camera and never before have I encountered this problem with any others ranging from the EOS 400D - 5Dmklll..... until my Issue of the 1DX..!

I would appreciate and like to hear from anyone with similar dispute, mine is now with Canon Hong Kong apparently, as I am assured from DWI where I purchased my 1DX from that Canon Hong Kong are their dealer, but I fear that I have been simply wiped off as a customer as Canon Hong Kong do not have a business relationship with DWI and the Issue at hand and I find is simply that "CANON" do not hold to their philosophies...!!!

"Canon’s corporate philosophy is founded on a responsible approach to working. We believe that each step we take in trying to work for the common good – as individuals and as an organisation – does make a real difference.                                                                                                  We aim to act morally, in accordance with our own code of conduct and our worldwide ethical compliance framework; but more than this, we aim to make a positive difference to all we come into contact with and, through our behaviour, contribute to positive change."
Apparently it appears that All Canon dealers are simply a subsidiary and while Canon Australia have pulled out all stops for me, they can do no more.
This is not a warranty Issue but a fault in the EOS 1DX and I am paying a hefty price...

Cheers ... Gillian Rayment

www.wingsandwildlifephotography.com.au

A very "crappy" shot

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow