How about switching to E-M10 or 5 from DSLR?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
odisseotm
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
How about switching to E-M10 or 5 from DSLR?
3 weeks ago

Hi all -

I am a passionate photographer but shoot mostly/only in my vacations or weekends. In my last year, very busy at work, I noticed my Nikon D90 was very often staying in my cupboard even during weekends.

I am thinking I could do with some more portability, and some novelty in my gear. The problem is that i LOVE the image quality of my camera. After pondering, it seems to me my best bet is to go for an Olympus OM-D E-M10 (or 5, they are similar).

I would be very grateful for any thought /opinion/experience related to switching from a relatively outdated but good DSLR to a very modern four thirds mirrorless camera.

Consider the following:

1) i love taking photos with prime lenses. Only zoom I own to compromise with quality is the Nikkor 16-85

2) it's a hobby for me, my other lenses are the inexpensive Nikkor Dx format 35 1.8, 50 1.8, a sigma 90 2.8 macro, a lensbaby

3) i don't have time for a lot of post-processing. i only shoot jpeg and do some minor tweaking only on my best shots once on a while

4) I like taking photos of my kids & wife, landscapes, macro photography, cities and people. Never sports or cars.

5) I think I would like the good controlling options in terms of setting, exposure, ecc, in the E-M10, plus portability would be awesome.

6) I am scared that I will hate the image quality of my new camera compared to my Nikon D90.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Marco

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow