Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 676Gear list
Like?
GX7 - Write Error - camera or card?
4 months ago

Well I seem to not have much luck with buying electronic devices.

After buying and returning a GM1 with a defective level gauage display, I ended up purchased a GX7 w 20mm lens kit. It's a bit larger of course but with most of the convenient controls of the GH3. Very impressed with the camera so far. I've only had it for a couple of days and am taking it to Disney World tomorrow for a week.

Anyway, I have 2 - 32 GB Lexar Professional 400x cards that I use in the GH3. When I use them in the GX7 (and after formatting in camera) it's been throwing random errors where it says the card is full (when there's really only a couple of photos on it). Plus it throws a "Write Error - Please check the card" after taking a shot.

So, I threw a 16 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro card in and I haven't encountered these errors (yet).

With the SanDisk cards, the GX7 starts up quicky and stores the photos rather quickly after taking a shot. With the Lexar cards, the camera shows the card busy icon for a few seconds on startup. Then every few photos or so, it takes longer to store the shot to the card. This is when it shows the card error sometimes.

The pins look the same on all cards with no dust or dirt on them that I can see.

The GH3 has thrown this same error a few times (maybe once or twice a year) but the GX7 is doing it quite a bit with the Lexar cards.

In fact, the GH3 was doing this with the SanDisk cards when I got it back in January 2013 when I posted this:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3362223#forum-post-50595736

Not sure what to think. The fact the GX7 is throwing errors on both Lexar cards has be wondering if its the cards or the camera. I have a couple of more weeks in the return window to take the camera back.

The cards are formatted in camera which I've done many times now.

The GX7 was assembled in July 2014 and has firmware 1.3 already installed from the factory.

If it was just one card causing this, I would obviously think the card is the problem. But with 2 of the same card doing this, I'm hoping it's not the camera.

Anyone else run into this issue?

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow