Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ian Leach
Senior MemberPosts: 1,267
Like?
Samsung reality check
4 months ago

Please note I own two Samsung NX cameras and like them both.

I have been with Samsung NX since day one (I bought the NX10 on release). It became clear quite quickly that most people had no time for Samsung, it has been Sony and Micro 4/3 all the way. For the first couple of years I thought Samsung will win through in the end because of their lenses and their financial might. I gave up such thoughts a long time ago, nothing Samsung does makes any impact with the enthusiast photographer community. In fact Samsung seems uninterested in pushing their cameras at all. In most web and video review sites the NX line isn’t even mentioned, it is as though it doesn’t exist. Now here we are with lots of excitement about the new NX1 and I just can’t see this is going to change anything.

Case Study: The 16-50mm f2-2.8 (perfect for NX1) was announced some time ago and I thought I’d look at a review to see how good it was, as on spec it is ahead of any other CSC manufactures offerings. Apart from a couple of samples (which don’t tell you much) I found nothing. If Samsung was serious about promoting their NX range they would have sent a copy to all the major reviewers for inspection and review. It gets worse. I thought I’d see how much it is being sold for. I could only find it for Pre Sale with Park Cameras. I thought I would check with Samsung UK. When I clicked on ‘where to buy’ I got the following message….

‘We are sorry, but this product is currently not available from any of our retail partners. For UK stock availability, please contact the Samsung Experience Store at sales@samsungexperiencestore.com

samsungexperiencestore.com does not exist as a website, I think it is linked to Carphone Warehouse in some way. To my mind this is very shabby and gives me no confidence. For all the other makes of CSC I can just walk in a shop and find their products. How can such a powerful company fall over so badly at selling their product?

So do you really think the NX1 will make any difference to the love (not) for the NX line?

Samsung NX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow