Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Strategist
Senior MemberPosts: 1,977Gear list
Like?
A few butterflies and flowers using 70-200 and extension tubes
2 months ago

In order to practice using extension tubes a bit, I went out to our local Meadowlark Gardens this morning to try and photograph, bees, butterflies, and whatever flowers are still blooming.  The extension tubes (used the Kenko 20mm on my Nikon 70-200 2.8 lens) seemed to work pretty well.  All 4 of the shots below were using this combination and manually focusing for the most part.  If you have any hints for using extension tubes, please leave them!  Comments welcomed!

Butterflies were scarce today, and according to the "garden lady" they are hoping this is just a bad year.  I probably saw only half a dozen Swallowtails in about 2 hours.  Saw a fair number of these Skippers.

Flowers are also scarce this time of year...as far as variety goes

I saw only 2-3 of these (male Swallowtails, I think!) the entire time I was in the Gardens.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Strategist's gear list:Strategist's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4D ED-IF II +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow