Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
j9murphy
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
D7100 to FF Experience
9 months ago

I currently shoot landscapes on a D7100 and have been mulling over the move to FF for a few weeks.  While I'm a big believer that the "Viewfinder-Shutter Release Interface", (better known as the photographer) is the biggest key to good images (image composition, proper exposure, etc...).. I'd be curious to hear from a few people that moved from a Nikon D7100 to a D610 or D800/D810 and what kind of difference it made to them.

I understand you get less noise at low iso, another stop of dynamic range etc..., and I also understand that few people who make the investment in full frame are going to say it wasn't worth it (who wants buyers remorse anyway...lol).. and as people move up in equipment they are typically refining heir skills at the same time --- which is largely independent of the camera.  This can also create a perception of improvement.

So anyone have any insight as to what they personally got out of making the move? Do your images look that much better as a result of the new camera?  Was the difference subtle or dramatic to you? Opinions welcome! Thanks

(note that I primarily shoot landscapes, and travel up to 20x30 or so)

John

j9murphy's gear list:j9murphy's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow