Who makes the machines that makes the M43 sensors?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lattesweden
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?
Who makes the machines that makes the M43 sensors?
3 months ago

Hi!

I was in a bar yesterday. I had just captured a really beautiful sunset over Stockholm half an hour earlier with my Sony RX100 that always goes with me.

In the bar I met a woman that I started to talk to and it turned out that she worked for Canon. I showed her the picture on the RX100 LCD and she said with a real bad tone that it was taken with a toy camera.

I told her that this Sony model is almost as good as my system cameras from Olympus and Panasonic that I have at home and that Sony makes very good sensors that also sits in Nikon, Olympus and some Panasonic cameras and others. She answered that it wasn't true because all sensors where made in machines made by Canon. Period. After that she didn't want to discuss the topic further.
She told me her first name so I Googled and it is true that she does work for Canon, found her on the net.

My question: does anyone know more about the equipment that is used when one makes sensors, who makes it for our M43 sensors?

-- hide signature --

Best regards
/Anders
----------------------------------------------------
I'm from Sweden, but my pictures are in all languages: http://500px.com/anderslattermann

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow