Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Deanby7
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
M1 + iPad + Lightroom workflow
4 months ago

I'm trying to include the iPad mini and its superb retina display, in my workflow whilst holidaying etc. I thought it would be easy to wirelessly transfer images from OM-D E-M1 to the ipad to review at the end of the day and star rate them for later processing (in Lightroom) on my pc when back home after the holiday.

Transfering jpg's from the M1 to iPad is easy with the Olympus Share app. However, the ipad renames the jpg's and will only put them into the Camera Roll location. It would be nice to choose a location to isolate shots and preserve the original file name to keep raw and jpg files together.

I tried the Photosmith app to rate and tag images and then tried to get them back into Lightroom. It failed halfway through the import! I've subsequently read that this app is buggy!!

As my iPad has only 16Gb of internal storage I bought an EasyAcc 4in1 Wi-stor device to hopefully assist in the process and hopefully provide some backup storage for images etc.

Photosmith support say that their app wont work with the EasyAcc Wi-stor. Great!

I've now tried PhotosInfoPro and it works very well. I export the rating info as EXIF data within a small jpg and with the apps builtin ftp server, transfer the files to my cameras SD card on the Wi-stor. Back home, I can import the photo's in Lightroom 5 and can see the Raw files and the accompanying small jpg with the star rating. Using the stacking function I can stack the raw and jpg (auto-stacking by capture time).

All I need to do now is work out how to apply the rating and any other added tagging data from the small jpg to the raw file and I'll be happy.

Anyone got any ideas on how I do this or suggest any easier ways to achieve the above?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow