Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hokuto
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,847Gear list
Like?
Coke-bottle fisheye lens?
4 months ago

In the 4/3 Pantheon, one of my favorite--though not most frequently used--lenses is the 8mm f3.5 FE. M4/3, unfortunately, has no equivalent, though it does offer the "body-cap" 9mm f8 FE. And that lens is cheap enough that it can be virtually considered/used as an actual body cap (after all, when a lens hood costs $30 . . .).
 I bought the m4/3 9mm f8 not long after buying my E-M1. And given its special characteristics as a FE, I haven't used it that much. But just last week I was in Indonesia (Bali) for an int'l conference, and  I found one scene that I thought matched the characteristics of a fisheye. I haven't done any pixel peeking on this, and I have no trouble believing that had I had my 8mm f3.5 with me, a comparison at the pixel level would show the 8mm far superior to the 9mm. But until I go that far, I think the 9mm "body cap" doesn't do at all bad.

"Hong Kong Garden" restaurant, Denpasar, Bali Indonesia.

-- hide signature --

'And only the stump, or fishy part of him remained'
http://www2.gol.com/users/nhavens
A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

Hokuto's gear list:Hokuto's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 +12 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow