ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VIPZone
Regular MemberPosts: 311Gear list
Like?
Starting the clock on lens creep fix
4 months ago

Continuation on my post  from http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3712298

Finally got home from our six week 7720 mile road trip covering 24 states and 18,000 some exposures between 4 different cameras, two of which were the A77 and the A77M2!  Tried to find the receipt for my Tamron 18-270 lens but nowhere to be found.  Called Tamron service to see if I had registered the lens with them three years ago when I bought it along with my A77.  I had not but based on the serial number, Tamron told me they had shipped it to Amazon in November, 2011!  With that info, I logged onto My Amazon and was able pull up my order and print out my sales receipt!  Ain't data bases wonderful?

So I sent off the lens via UPS today and Tamron will receive it Tuesday afternoon since Monday is a holiday.  Three working days for this repair per an earlier conversation will take it to Friday.  If they can ship out Friday, I should receive it by Monday or Tuesday, Sept. 8 or 9; but if they ship out on Monday, I should receive it by Wednesday or Thursday, September 10 or 11.  (I figured two full shipping days from New York to Western North Carolina where I reside.)

As promised, I will post again on the repair for the zoom creep and how well Tamron lives up to their three day repair claim.

VIPZone's gear list:VIPZone's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow