D810 Metering Mode Selector

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Janet Zinn
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,217Gear list
Like?
Re: D810 Metering Mode Selector
In reply to MuaBao, 4 months ago

Actually this is the one annoying thing about the D810, at least for me. I find the button on the top left VERY inconvenient to use, I can't do it at eye level without putting the camera down when I've got a heavy lens like the 80-400VR on. And shooting birds, I often change from matrix to spot to center depending on the situation. Unfortunately, Metering Mode is also not one of the functions you can assign to the preview or FN button...at least not completely. (In other words, it would be perfect if you could assign it with a press + command dial turn--but you can't, as far as I can tell.)

You can, however, assign one mode at a time to the FN and the Preview buttons. So right now I've got spot assigned to the FN and Center-weighted to the Preview. Unfortunately if I want to use Highlight-weighted, I'm out of luck! I'm hoping they might add this in a firmware update--it would seem easy to have it as an custom option for one of the buttons.

-- hide signature --
 Janet Zinn's gear list:Janet Zinn's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow