Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
giraffe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,266
Like?
Need a little assistance re 6d or 5dmk3 or 7Dmk2
3 weeks ago

I have had my 7d for 5 years now and am waiting to see if there is a 7dmk2 coming in Sept as well as the specs on the new camera. My photo needs have changed in the past few years. I now shoot a lot of indoor sports as my grandchildren play hockey, swimming and soccer in poorly lit arenas and I definitely need a camera that has good high ISO capabilities (ie ISO 6400 or higher)and good autofocus. Was looking seriously at the 5Dmk3 but waiting for the new 7Dmk2 announcement to see if any ground breaking specs but I am thinking that a full frame camera probably will give better results. I am not necessarily concerned about the extra reach of a crop camera. Has anyone tried the 6D for indoor sports in poorly lit arenas. I know the 6D is good at high ISO - I am just concerned about its focusing abilities or should I stick with the 5Dmk3. Any input would be appreciated.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow