ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
reini2000
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
6d wft crap?
3 weeks ago

Hello!

After using the wireless functionality of the 6D with my 6D and mac mini osx 1.9.4 in combination with wtf 2.0.0.202 I updated to utility 3.0 no pairing between the mac mini (2009 still works fine) and camera was established. the mac found the camera in the network! IP address was assigned to the camera! The camera is not visible in the utility 3.0 pairing tool. Camera shows err11 - no connection to target. So I deleted all canon software via appcleaner and reinstalled canon utility 3.0 - no success. Deleted all canon software again and installed the CD-Rom based Canon Utility. The CD drive of my mac mini is kaputt so I use an external LG drive to feed my car cd radio :).

WTF 2.0.0.202 is back and now it works fine again. My question is, does anyone else has a problem like this? By the way, why looks and feel Canon software so win95 alike? From my point of view the SW solution is crap! It feels like public domain for Amiga in the early 90s. I am happy to use the functunality but the user experience is awful! I felt back in windows times years ago. I had to install and reinstall different versions, rebooting several times, changed firewall configurations ... felt like falling back 10 years ago .... aaaaargggh

Question is, why is eos utility 3.0 not usable? Does it works with current macs fine?

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow