Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larry  Witt
Regular MemberPosts: 326Gear list
Like?
Need to see sharp, tripod mounted, manual focus pic form HX400V
3 weeks ago

I have pretty much switched from FF Canon to all Sony now except for my super zoom Canon SX50 HS, which is getting pretty tired after some really rough rides mounted on a Subaru dashboard, and banged around on hiking trails.I am looking real hard at the Sony HX400V, and am tired of waiting for the next generation of the SX50. Most post here have been hand held and auto focus, and all I have observed are a bit soft. I tried a new Fugi 50X power and sent it right back after 6 solid hours with not one sharp photo. I would like to see if Sony users can present some really sharp photos here. I have to use a tripod and love using manual focus on my E Mount cameras and dislike the awkward to use, and hard to see manual focus on the Canon. I don't really want to buy and return another camera to the great folks at B&H. Here are some shots from the SX50 taken over the last 2 1/2 years. Just asking for help, and don't need the terse comments from the pixel peepers.

Cat nap

Not quite full zoon 15ft away

Wind generators 20+ miles away

At 1200mm

Hornets nest about the way you would see it.

Nest at 1200mm

Larry Witt's gear list:Larry Witt's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +14 more
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow