Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
outofmyelement
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
CompactFlash format file system - Corrupt Card err possible due to Fat32 FS
4 months ago

Got a D810 and have a 64GB Transcend 1000x card. It works however after shooting so many pics it has the Card err - Corrupt card message.  I remove the card, put it back in and it continues to work but the last image is not there.  I have realized while looking into this that the D810 is formatting it as FAT32 while it formats my SDHC Sandisk 64GB as ExFat which is also what my computer wants to format it as.  So I format the CF card on the computer as ExFat and the card seems to work ok now. Will keep testing it but its lasting way longer than before.

Does anyone have a working card that can check what file system their D810 is formatting it as? I'm guessing it should be formatting as Exfat due to >32GB but isn't so the card doesn't function properly. this is likely the case with other cards having the same corrupt card message.

On Windows you can check the file system type by going to My computer viewing the properties of the card.

outofmyelement's gear list:outofmyelement's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow