Those flashy LEDs are on the wrong product

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
zakaria
Senior MemberPosts: 1,618Gear list
Like?
same reaction when k01 was released but!!
In reply to rwl408, 2 months ago

rwl408 wrote:

I can understand why Ricoh wants those flashy LEDs on K-S1 - something to garner attention - and it certainly does. Just read the comments in DP Review's "Hands-on with the Pentax K-S1" (home page). Unfortunately quite a lot of comments I read are negative comments. I am not surprised at the reaction because most people who are interested in DSLRs expect them to be more of traditional design. This comment says it best "Well, there are plenty of people out there who will like the look of this camera. I can't argue with a company making something for those people too. I'd never buy it, but I'm not going to insult people who do." Although it is still waited to be seen if buyers who are attracted by the LEDs would outnumber those who are alienated by them.

That being said, this what I think Ricoh should have done. Instead of having those LED's on a DSLR, put them on Q10. You see, Q10's design attracts those people who are more acceptable to new-age design and yes, colors. With added flashy LEDs, it will even look more so and that would extend Q10's product life cycle without much design effort from Ricoh.

ks1 is  a trend like k01 and when Ricoh decrease the price this ugly thing as some described it will be the most beautiful camera!

Ricoh please sell it at 300$ and I am sure you will gain many and many buyers!!

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria's gear list:zakaria's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow