Is the K-S1 the first entry level Pentax DSLR without the ability to use AA batteries?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,566
Like?
Is the K-S1 the first entry level Pentax DSLR without the ability to use AA batteries?
4 months ago

I'm just looking at the direction the features are going in.

Dust Removal: SP coating and CMOS sensor operation vs Sensor movement w SP coating on low pass filter. So ultrasonic DR on a Pentax entry level DSLR. No more clunky sensor thrashing.

A return of entry level DSLRs with PEF support.

Only rated for use down to 32F, not the 14F of the K-500.

Is this the first entry level without wireless flash support with the on-board flash or is it a return? I don't know the specs of old DS and DL bodies.

GN 10 on the on board flash, is that the lowest?

So does this suggest a split in the line, one side more orientated towards a more urban shooter, and the other meant for the Pentax niche of a more active user? Is this what the K01 was trying to do, capture a more urban market for Pentax? Maybe trying for an up sell market for those that bought a Q? Maybe they don't want a traditional DSLR as the only upgrade path?

I've never really thought of the Q owners before as people that would be looking for an upgrade path. I never really thought about it being a system that stands on its own. It just seemed of interest to a group of Pentax DSLR owners as a fun camera to own along with their DSLR. I've just never thought of Q owners as just Q owners, as a market to be served with maybe a different take on what they wanted as an upgrade path.

Thank you
Russell

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-500 Pentax K-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow